October 9, 2009

Product Promotion!

So I know this whole project is in large part about eliminating products, but after getting back to a hard-water wonderland, I needed some sort of shampoo to keep my hair from becoming a greasy mess. I heard about the bottle-free, mostly-made-with-natural-ingredients solid shampoos at Lush and bought Jumping Juniper, their formulation for oily hair. It arrived last week and has been working wonders. I've only used it three times, a few gentle swipes each time. No lather, very subtle scent, leaves my hair happy and clean, and only with two or three synthetic ingredients. If no-poo isn't working out for you, this is a reasonable alternative. Considering the number of washes you get out of these solid shampoos, it's an economical and eco-friendly alternative to the bottled variety.

My old aerosol of shaving cream is running very low, so I'm starting to think about alternatives. Lush sells shaving creams in tubs, but I'll see if I can't find tube or tub shaving cream in a store before I have something else shipped to me.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like the perfect solution! i like the idea a lot.

    did you try sugaring again? or is it imperative that you can shave regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't needed to be hairless enough for shaving every once in a while to be much of an issue. My safety razor continues to impress me with its performance and my friends with its stately appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, bake some home-made bread and post about it.

    ReplyDelete